E-1 & E-2 VISA LAWYER IN NEW JERSEY
Immigration Assistance for Treaty Traders & Treaty Investors
The E-1 visa is a visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to be admitted to the U.S. solely to engage in substantial international trade on his or her behalf. The treaty trader must belong to a nation that maintains a U.S. treaty of commerce and navigation or a bilateral agreement. Trade, in this sense, means commercial transactions in goods and trade in services and technology such as banking, insurance, transportation, and tourism. The visas are valid for two (2) years and may be extended.
You may qualify for an E-1 visa if you meet all of the following qualifications:
- The nationals of your country own at least 50 percent of the stock of the company.
- You are a citizen of a treaty trade country and are involved in international trade.
- You are an immediate family member of a principal E-1 visa holder.
- You are an executive, manager or specialist in a treaty nation company operating in the U.S., or you own 50 percent of the company.
Few areas of federal law are more confusing than immigration law. It is therefore very important to seek out a competent New Jersey immigration lawyer to help you through the application and documentation gathering process.
E-2 Treaty Investor Visas
The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa allows nationals of a treaty country to be admitted to the U.S. when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.
You may qualify for an E-2 visa if you meet the following qualifications:
- You are an entrepreneur from a treaty country entering the U.S. to invest a minimum of 50% stake in a business or will assume a significant managerial or operational control.
- Capital is at risk and has been committed.
- U.S. workers will be employed.
- Entering the U.S. to develop or direct investments from the treaty country. Established by showing 50% ownership.
- You are an immediate family member of an E-2 visa holder.
- You are a key employee of an E-2 visa holder.
- You have a business plan with a 5-year forecast.
Additionally, the person entering the U.S. must have more than fifty percent (50%) ownership of the investment. The only other allowance for this type of a visa is an employee of the company coming on behalf of the owner.
Get Help from an Experienced Immigration Attorney
The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. has successfully assisted over 10,000 businesses, firms, and individuals by simplifying the complex immigration process. With our assistance, you can feel confident the procedures and applications necessary to apply for this type of visa will be done accurately and timely. Since 1987, our firm has provided our clients with the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to put their cases on a track to success.
Our New Jersey immigration lawyers guarantee high-quality legal services designed to give your case the highest possible chance of success. Call the firm today to get started on your case immediately.