Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

Immigration Reform Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

Immigration Reform in the United States

How Will Immigration Reform Impact our Application for Immigration Benefits?

Our firm has insight into the complex issues surrounding immigration reform and its status in Washington, D.C. due to our constant involvement with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

In the spring of each year, firm members visit Washington, D.C. to meet with and hear from representatives from NJ and other states regarding immigration reform. Our office, together with the AILA’s 14,000 members, work with and represent immigrants in every state in the nation. We know that immigrants are integral to the economy and to America’s future. We support reforms that update and expand our legal immigration system to be more responsive to a rapidly-changing economy, to ensure the immigration system unites families quickly and efficiently, and to legalize the unauthorized population.

Reforms should include tools that improve our interior and border enforcement strategies, while ensuring accountability of enforcement agencies, due process protections, and access to humanitarian protection and legal relief. Common-sense immigration reform would strengthen American communities, our economy, and the nation. We call upon Congress and the President to get the job done.

Pending legislation may or may not pass, but the need remains. There are many areas that will be impacted by immigration reform including:

  • Adjustment of Status
  • DACA and TPS
  • Green Card for extended family members
  • Marriage and Fiancée Visas
  • Deportation Relief
  • Employment-Based Visas
  • Citizenship
  • Consular Proceedings

Do I Need an Immigration Lawyer?

If you want legal counsel concerning your immigration matter, call our New Jersey immigration law office today and schedule an initial consultation. During this time, we will review your immigration history and decide whether you qualify. Additionally, we will look at your exhaustive immigration history and your family's immigration status to find out if you have other options. Keep in mind: only an immigration lawyer can give you solid legal advice.

Get Immigration Assistance from Our Team

Practicing since 1987, the Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. has the resources, knowledge, and skills necessary to achieve your goals. Over 10,000 immigrants have successfully resolved their issues thanks to our firm. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality legal services and we promise to immediately begin working on your case to achieve those goals. Our team is always available to address your questions and concerns, keeping you informed about your case every step of the way.

Reach a New Jersey immigration lawyer today to discuss your case: call (800) 909-8129 or contact us online.

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!