COVID-19 Vaccine Notice We've helped thousands of people just like you, and we can help you too.

Immigration & the COVID-19 Vaccine

Client Practice Advisory for Coronavirus

Any clients who are submitting Form I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) after October 1, 2021 must prove that they’ve been vaccinated against COVID-19. This advisory applies to individuals who are applying for a green card or for an immigrant visa with the State Department. If the form is submitted prior to October 1, then proof of COVID vaccination will not be required.

For proof of vaccination, the civil surgeon will physically review the following records:

  • Vaccination record
  • Copy of medical chart written by a physician, or
  • Review from relevant medical personnel

Exceptions to the vaccine requirement include:

  • Children too young to get the vaccine
  • People with medical conditions preventing vaccinationg
  • Immigrants whose home nations don’t have vaccines

COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements for Air Travel to U.S.

Starting November 2021, all travelers to the United States will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination before boarding a plane, as well as a negative COVID test within 72 hours of departure time or proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 3 months. If you’re considering traveling to the U.S., you’ll need to make arrangements for getting vaccinated as soon as possible to ensure a smooth travel process.

Practices and policies regarding the COVID vaccine will be changing in response to the new requirements. If you have questions about how this will affect your case, call (800) 909-8129 today.

Why Hire Our Firm?

We provide aggressive, yet compassionate representation to achieve successful results. 
  • Experienced & Proven Success Since 1987
  • Personally Assisted Thousands of Individuals
  • Tens of Millions Recovered for Our Clients

Common Questions

  • Q:I live in the US and I am marrying a US citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    A:Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • Q:I am a fiancé(e) of a US citizen and I am living outside the US. How can I enter the US to marry?

    A:Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • Q:I live outside the US and I married a US citizen. How can I come to the US to live?

    A:To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Don't Make the Mistake of Hiring the Wrong Attorney

One minor mistake can put the entire legal process on hold. Contact our seasoned attorney to ensure you're in great hands.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.