Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer We've helped thousands of people just like you, and we can help you too.

Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?

Get Help with Immigration Issues in New Jersey

The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. concentrates on immigration and naturalization Law. Our firm is licensed to practice Law by the State of New Jersey and the U.S. Federal Courts since 1987 and therefore maintains high ethical standards. We are trained to solve complicated legal issues presented by constantly changing Immigration Laws that we study.

Lloyd Bennett is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the largest organized group of immigration lawyers in the United States. We receive daily updates from this organization regarding a rapidly changing landscape and frequently attend seminars and meetings with governmental officials both in New Jersey and in Washington DC.

Confidentiality and Trust

We utilize a state of the art computer network and case management system. We have a dedicated Internet connection and host our own e-mail server. All e-mail is therefore received by our on site server and is not routed through a third party for security reasons. All immigration staff members attend frequent AILA immigration seminars that keep us up to date with all new and important legal changes affecting our immigration clients.

In addition to our technology, we uphold high standards that can be partially summarized by the following:

  • We do not accept every case that is presented. Some situations cannot be solved without great risk to the individuals involved. We will explore that risk and offer options, if available.
  • We offer plain understandable retainers, fair prices for our legal work and do not hide fees. The majority of our clients are referred by other satisfied clients in our community.
  • The firm has successfully assisted hundreds of businesses, firms, and individuals to simplify the complex immigration process. Our clients include Fortune 500 corporations, major foreign multi-national companies, local corporations and thousands of satisfied individuals.

If you, a family member, business associate or a friend wishes to enter or remain in the United States legally for work or school, temporarily or permanently, we encourage you to consult with or refer them to our office. All information given to us is always confidential, and law prohibits us from disclosing it to others.

Contact a New Jersey immigration attorney for legal information, advice, and legal representation in your immigration case. Se habla Español.

Why Hire Our Firm?

We provide aggressive, yet compassionate representation to achieve successful results. 
  • Experienced & Proven Success Since 1987
  • Personally Assisted Thousands of Individuals
  • Tens of Millions Recovered for Our Clients

Common Questions

  • Q:I live in the US and I am marrying a US citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    A:Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • Q:I am a fiancé(e) of a US citizen and I am living outside the US. How can I enter the US to marry?

    A:Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • Q:I live outside the US and I married a US citizen. How can I come to the US to live?

    A:To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Don't Make the Mistake of Hiring the Wrong Attorney

One minor mistake can put the entire legal process on hold. Contact our seasoned attorney to ensure you're in great hands.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.