O-1 (Extraordinary Ability) We've helped thousands of people just like you, and we can help you too.

New Jersey O-1 Visa Attorney

Nonimmigrant Visas for Extraordinary Ability Workers

Obtaining an O-1 nonimmigrant visa requires considerable documentation and paperwork. For an event that requires a quick determination, at The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C., we have the know-how to pursue premium processing for a quick response. When needing this type of work visa, it is in your best interest to retain the services of a knowledgeable and thorough attorney to improve your chances of an approval of your visa.

We have been serving New Jersey since 1987 and have assisted thousands of businesses and corporations, as well as individuals, with their immigration needs. Our New Jersey immigration lawyer has the know-how to navigate the complex laws of the federal immigration system on your behalf.

Contact our firm today and explore your options with an O-1 nonimmigrant visa!

Applying for an O-1 Visa

The O-1 visa is divided into two categories: O-1A and O-1B.

O-1A Visa Requirements

The O-1A visa category is for individuals in sciences, education, business, or athletics who possess extraordinary abilities. As evidence of eligibility, the individual should be able to show that he or she possesses a major award recognized internationally, such as a Nobel Prize or other highly recognized award.

Alternatively, the individual may submit evidence of at least three (3) of the following criteria:

  • National/international recognition for excellence in a field
  • Membership in associations requiring outstanding achievement
  • Published material in esteemed professional/trade publications
  • Original contributions of major significance in a field
  • Authored scholarly articles in esteemed professional journals
  • High salary or other payment for services in contracts, etc.
  • Participated as a judge of the work of others in the field
  • Employed in a critical capacity with an esteemed organization

O-1B Visa Requirements

The O-1B visa category may be used by individuals in the arts, motion picture, and television industry who demonstrate extraordinary abilities. Individuals should be able to show they have received a nomination or award or such as a Grammy, Emmy, or similar achievement.

Otherwise, the individual should submit evidence of the at least three (3) of the following criteria:

  • Previous and continuing performance as lead or starring participant
  • Achievement of national/international recognition
  • Record of significant commercial/critical success
  • Received substantial recognition for achievements
  • High salary or other payment for services in contracts, etc.

O-3 Visa: Spouses & Children of O-1 Visa Holders

If your spouse has obtained an O-1 visa for travel into the United States, you and your dependent children under the age of 21 are eligible to travel with your spouse. The civil documents of all family members, including birth and marriage certificates, and the divorce decrees and death certificate (where applicable) will be required.

Have Immigration Lawyers Assist with Your O-1 Visa Application

If you're looking for counsel and assistance regarding your O-1 visa application, speak with our New Jersey immigration attorneys today. Our firm is happy to schedule an initial consultation, where we can examine your records, your immigration history, and your family's history to determine your eligibility for the O-1 visa. Our exhaustive review of your history allows us to lay out all your options for traveling to the United States.

Founded in 1987, the Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq, P.C. has successfully resolved more than 10,000 immigration cases—securing work visas, green cards, deferred actions, and much more. Our team has the knowledge, experience, and case record to put your application on the best possible path to success. As soon as you call us, we'll immediately get to work on securing you an O-1 visa (or O-3 visas for your family). Our firm promises to keep you informed about every step of the process and address all of your concerns immediately and with urgency.

Schedule a case consultation with our New Jersey immigration lawyer today! Call Our Firm at (800) 909-8129 or use our short online form to schedule your initial appointment.

Why Hire Our Firm?

We provide aggressive, yet compassionate representation to achieve successful results. 
  • Experienced & Proven Success Since 1987
  • Personally Assisted Thousands of Individuals
  • Tens of Millions Recovered for Our Clients

Common Questions

  • Q:How is a personal injury claim different from a personal injury lawsuit?

    A:Many victims are unsure what legal actions they should take to pursue fair compensation for their injuries. If you wish to hold the person responsible for your injuries liable, it is important to know the differences between a claim and a lawsuit.

  • Q:What is negligence?

    A:Negligence is one of the key aspects of any personal injury case. Negligence occurs when a person or party does not act with the proper amount of care and caution that a reasonable person would use to prevent harm or injury to another individual, or when the person or party does something harmful that a careful and reasonable person would not have done in a similar situation.

  • Q:How important is negligence to my case?

    A:Negligence is perhaps the most integral factor in an injury claim or lawsuit, and in order to fight for justice against the liable party (also called the defendant), you must first be able to prove their negligence and that it is the direct cause of your injuries.

Don't Make the Mistake of Hiring the Wrong Attorney

One minor mistake can put the entire legal process on hold. Contact our seasoned attorney to ensure you're in great hands.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.