Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

Temporary Visas for Journalists Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

Temporary I Visa for Journalists

New Jersey Immigration Attorneys Promoting Foreign Media

The United States government permits representatives of foreign media to travel to the United States to participate in journalism and other forms of media on behalf of their institution or corporation from their home country. Just like another visa, the I visa is attainable only through certain qualifications and has limitations that its holders need to be aware of. Our New Jersey Immigration Attorney explains.

Who Is Eligible for the Visa?

In order to qualify for the I nonimmigrant visa, all of the following must be true:

  • You have an office in the country you operate out of.
  • You’re going to the United States only for the purpose of your profession.
  • You represent a foreign media outlet.
  • Your activities for this media outlet are necessary to the function of it.
  • The consular officer at the U.S. embassy has approved your activities.

How Long Can I Stay on an I Visa? Can I Bring Family?

Typically, your admission is authorized for duration of status and no application to extend will be required if there is continued employment for the medial outlet. Spouses and children can accompany I visa holders. However, spouses cannot work.

Call the Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett for Counsel

If you have questions regarding your visa application, contact our immigration law firm as soon as possible. In an initial consultation, our attorneys exhaustively review your entire immigration history to determine if you qualify for an I visa. To be thorough, we also examine your family's history to determine if you have any other options. Once we've laid out all your choices, we help you make an informed decision regarding your case.

It's vital to choose experienced legal counsel to help shepherd your application down the right path. Since 1987, our New Jersey immigration lawyers have helped over 10,000 individuals and organizations secure visas and solve their immigration issues. We have the resources, experience, and insight to guide your case down the right path—immediately beginning after your initial consultation.

If you are interested in obtaining an I visa for representatives of foreign media, call our New Jersey immigration attorneys today at (800) 909-8129 for the quality representation you deserve.

Check Your Case USCIS Status

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!