Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

H-2B Visas Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

New Jersey H-2B Visa Lawyer

Immigration Assistance for Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers

The H-2B non-immigrant visa permits foreign national workers to come to the United States and perform temporary non-agricultural work that is one-time, peak load, intermittent, or seasonal in nature. Before a work visa will be issued, the employer is required to show that no U.S. workers are available to fill the position being offered.

There is an annual limit of H-2B visas of 66,000 per year. The maximum period of stay that will be authorized is one year; however, the visa can be extended for a total of three years. Either skilled or unskilled workers can be employed on an H-2B visa. The only workers who are specifically excluded for this type of visa are foreign medical graduates applying for work in the medical field and agricultural workers.

The Department of Labor strictly enforces regulations for this type of visa, ensuring that there are indeed no U.S. workers that can work in these positions and that hiring foreign nationals will not adversely affect U.S. wages or working conditions.

Let Our New Jersey Immigration Lawyers Assist You

Only an attorney can provide legal counsel and assistance for your H-2B visa application. Since 1987, our immigration law firm has successfully handled more than 10,000 immigration cases, helping clients secure work visas, green cards, and much more. We have the resources, skill, and knowledge to get your visa application on the right track--thus maximizing the chance of achieving your immigration goals. Our firm promises to keep you informed and educated about the process and quickly address all of your fears and concerns.

Your case begins with an initial consultation. During your first appointment, we'll go over your immigration history to make sure you're eligible for an H-2B visa. If an H-2B visa isn't within your reach, we'll review your family's history and immigration record to determine if you have alternative options. Either way, you'll have the full resources of an experienced immigration lawyer working on your behalf. Reach out to us today for help!

Contact a New Jersey immigration attorney at our firm for assistance with your H-2B visa application.

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!