Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

Registered Nurse Visas Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

H-1C Visa Lawyer in New Jersey

Visas for Registered Nurses

Registered nurses from other countries can work in the United States under several employment visas. The H-1C Visa was established to provide medical workers in areas designated as lacking in health professionals. Currently, there are 500 visas approved per fiscal year.

Requirements for the H-1C Visa

The following are the requirements and conditions of the H-1C Visa:

  • You have an unrestricted license issued in the country of residence or where the nursing education occurred
  • You have passed an examination recognized by the Secretary of Health and Human Services
  • The hospitals must have more than 190 beds and serve Medicare and Medicaid patients
  • The applicant must work in one of the designated hospitals
  • The visa expires after three years and is not extendable
  • It may be possible to apply for a green card or an additional work visa

We Have Helped 10,000 Clients Facing Immigration Issues

Your case begins with an initial consultation. During a call or appointment with our team, we exhaustively review your immigration history to determine if you qualify for an H-1C visa. In the event that you do not qualify, we also review your family's immigration history to lay out all your visa options. No matter what path your case needs to take, our firm will find the best possible solution.

Since 1987, the Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett have helped over 10,000 individuals and organizations with their immigration issues. Our New Jersey immigration lawyers have the resources, skill, and experience to guide your visa application toward a successful resolution—keeping you informed and educated at every step. We promise to quickly address your questions and concerns and to immediately begin working on your case as soon as we're hired.

If you are considering working in the U.S. as a registered nurse, contact our New Jersey immigration lawyers today. Call (800) 909-8129 or contact us online for your initial consultation.

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!