Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

Treaty Traders & Treaty Investors Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

E-1 & E-2 Visa Lawyer in New Jersey

Immigration Assistance for Treaty Traders & Treaty Investors

The E-1 visa is a visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to be admitted to the U.S. solely to engage in substantial international trade on his or her behalf. The treaty trader must belong to a nation that maintains a U.S. treaty of commerce and navigation or a bilateral agreement. Trade, in this sense, means commercial transactions in goods and trade in services and technology such as banking, insurance, transportation, and tourism. The visas are valid for two (2) years and may be extended.

You may qualify for an E-1 visa if you meet all of the following qualifications:

  • The nationals of your country own at least 50 percent of the stock of the company.
  • You are a citizen of a treaty trade country and are involved in international trade.
  • You are an immediate family member of a principal E-1 visa holder.
  • You are an executive, manager or specialist in a treaty nation company operating in the U.S., or you own 50 percent of the company.

Few areas of federal law are more confusing than immigration law. It is therefore very important to seek out a competent New Jersey immigration lawyer to help you through the application and documentation gathering process.

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas

The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa allows nationals of a treaty country to be admitted to the U.S. when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.

You may qualify for an E-2 visa if you meet the following qualifications:

  • You are an entrepreneur from a treaty country entering the U.S. to invest a minimum of 50% stake in a business or will assume a significant managerial or operational control.
  • Capital is at risk and has been committed.
  • U.S. workers will be employed.
  • Entering the U.S. to develop or direct investments from the treaty country. Established by showing 50% ownership.
  • You are an immediate family member of an E-2 visa holder.
  • You are a key employee of an E-2 visa holder.
  • You have a business plan with a 5-year forecast.

Additionally, the person entering the U.S. must have more than fifty percent (50%) ownership of the investment. The only other allowance for this type of a visa is an employee of the company coming on behalf of the owner.

Get Help from an Experienced Immigration Attorney

The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. has successfully assisted over 10,000 businesses, firms, and individuals by simplifying the complex immigration process. With our assistance, you can feel confident the procedures and applications necessary to apply for this type of visa will be done accurately and timely. Since 1987, our firm has provided our clients with the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to put their cases on a track to success.

Our New Jersey immigration lawyers guarantee high-quality legal services designed to give your case the highest possible chance of success. Call the firm today to get started on your case immediately.

Call (800) 909-8129 or contact an immigration attorney in New Jersey for help with your E-1 or E-2 visa.

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!