C & D (Transit & Crewmember) We've helped thousands of people just like you, and we can help you too.  We speak results! 

New Jersey C & D Visa Attorney

Visas for Crewman and Transits

The C and D visas are used for employees that need to travel through the United States for work purposes, and will not be stopping for other purposes, such as to visit a relative or conduct business outside of the one designated by the visa.

Allowances & Limitations of the C & D Visa

The general rule for a C Transit Visa revolves around whether you will be stopping for any amount of time between your origin point and the country of destination. You must be in immediate and continuously travel through the US on your way to your foreign destination, and sufficient funds for transit. You will be require to document this with an airline ticket showing that you are passing through the country. The maximum period of stay is 29 days.

If you are travelling through the U.S. to join a ship or aircraft as a crew member, you will need to apply for a D Crewman Visa. This is a non-immigrant work visa for people working on international aircraft or vessels, such as cruise ships. If you are holding a D visa, you may be ineligible to change status.

Get Help from an Experienced Immigration Lawyer

The immigration attorneys at The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. have helped traveling workers manage their visa needs since 1987. Our founding attorney is the former Chapter Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has extensive experience working within the immigration system. Our firm is here to help you obtain the correct visa in ample time to avoid costly problems with the U.S. State Department.

Since 1987, our firm has utilized vast resources, knowledge, and skill to achieve the goals of our immigration clients. We have helped over 10,000 immigrants with various immigration issues, including C and D temporary employment visas. As soon as you turn to us, we'll immediately commence work on your behalf to solve your problems quickly and efficiently. We promise to keep you informed and educated at every step, addressing all of your questions and concerns. It all begins with an initial consultation to determine what you qualify for and how we can help.

Contact us for assistance in fulfilling the requirements of your particular visa needs. As New Jersey immigration lawyers, we have extensive experience in the various types of visas and can simplify the procedure so that you make no costly mistakes. Call (800) 909-8129 or contact us online today!

Why Hire Our Firm?

We provide aggressive, yet compassionate representation to achieve successful results. 
  • Experienced & Proven Success Since 1987
  • Personally Assisted Thousands of Individuals
  • Tens of Millions Recovered for Our Clients

Common Questions

  • Q:How is a personal injury claim different from a personal injury lawsuit?

    A:Many victims are unsure what legal actions they should take to pursue fair compensation for their injuries. If you wish to hold the person responsible for your injuries liable, it is important to know the differences between a claim and a lawsuit.

  • Q:What is negligence?

    A:Negligence is one of the key aspects of any personal injury case. Negligence occurs when a person or party does not act with the proper amount of care and caution that a reasonable person would use to prevent harm or injury to another individual, or when the person or party does something harmful that a careful and reasonable person would not have done in a similar situation.

  • Q:How important is negligence to my case?

    A:Negligence is perhaps the most integral factor in an injury claim or lawsuit, and in order to fight for justice against the liable party (also called the defendant), you must first be able to prove their negligence and that it is the direct cause of your injuries.

Don't Make the Mistake of Hiring the Wrong Attorney

One minor mistake can put the entire legal process on hold. Contact our seasoned attorney to ensure you're in great hands.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.