Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

Employment Visas Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

New Jersey Work & Employment Visa Lawyer

Legal Help for Employers or Employees

There are many different types of employment-based visas that allow foreign nationals to enter the US and work for a US-based employer. Typically, it’s necessary to have an employer act as a sponsor. These visas are usually issued at Consulates abroad but some can be obtained from within the US through a change of status.


  • Most (not all) visa types require a US employer
  • Most have a limited duration, some allow extensions
  • The specific requirement differs for each, some depend upon prior education experience, others work experience
  • Some visas (not all) have a limited number available

For more details, see the list below!

We can provide effective assistance with any work visas:

Do I Need a Lawyer?

Because your temporary employment visa controls your stay in the United States, it is important to ensure that you meet the proper requirements and provide the appropriate documentation required. Only a qualified immigration lawyer can review your situation and give the advice necessary to assure a successful outcome.

Call our office today and schedule an initial consultation. During this time, we will review your immigration history and decide whether you qualify. Additionally, we will look at your complete immigration history along with the immigration status of your family to determine if there is another path available.

Since starting our firm in 1987, my staff and I have helped over 10,000 immigrants with their work visa issues, green cards, and more. We have the knowledge, resources, and skill to guide your case down the best possible path for success. While no one can guarantee results, we can guarantee the speed, efficiency, and experience that gives your case the highest chance of success. Speak with our firm today!

Schedule a case consultation today and discuss your situation with our legal team! Call (800) 909-8129 or contact our New Jersey immigration lawyers online.

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!