U Visas (Crime Victims) We've helped thousands of people just like you, and we can help you too.

U Visa Lawyer in New Jersey

Visas for Victims of Crime

U visas can be granted to immigrants to the United States and who have been victims of certain serious crimes. This type of temporary visa allows them to remain in the country up to four years in exchange for helping law enforcement authorities investigate and prosecute those who were responsible for the crimes.

Reach out to a New Jersey U Visa attorney at The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. Call (800) 909-8129 or contact us online to make an appointment. ¡Hablamos Español!

How to Qualify for a U Visa

In order to obtain a U visa, you must qualify for each of the categories below:

  • As a result of the crime committed against you, you suffered significant physical or mental harm
  • You can relay information to law enforcement regarding the crime
  • You help law enforcement in their investigation and/or subsequent prosecution of the crime
  • The crime against you happened in the U.S.
  • The crime committed against you included: abduction, false imprisonment, kidnapping, prostitution, rape, sexual exploitation, torture, witness tampering, and others

In addition, the person applying for a U visa can also file for a visa for their spouse and children. If the applicant is under the age of 21, he or she can also file for his spouse, children, siblings who are not married and under the age of 18, and his own parents to obtain a temporary visa to the United States.

Get Help Today!

You may have many questions about U visas, temporary visas in general, or other immigration law matters. To gain assistance in obtaining a U visa due to being a crime victim, you should contact a New Jersey U visa attorney. At The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C., we understand the issue of being in a foreign country and the victim of a serious crime. It's a situation that can easily put a person under an extreme amount of stress, and we want to help.

We have successfully helped immigrants stay in the United States since 1987. Contact our firm to discuss if you qualify for a U visa with a temporary visa attorney.

Why Hire Our Firm?

We provide aggressive, yet compassionate representation to achieve successful results. 
  • Experienced & Proven Success Since 1987
  • Personally Assisted Thousands of Individuals
  • Tens of Millions Recovered for Our Clients

Common Questions

  • Q:How is a personal injury claim different from a personal injury lawsuit?

    A:Many victims are unsure what legal actions they should take to pursue fair compensation for their injuries. If you wish to hold the person responsible for your injuries liable, it is important to know the differences between a claim and a lawsuit.

  • Q:What is negligence?

    A:Negligence is one of the key aspects of any personal injury case. Negligence occurs when a person or party does not act with the proper amount of care and caution that a reasonable person would use to prevent harm or injury to another individual, or when the person or party does something harmful that a careful and reasonable person would not have done in a similar situation.

  • Q:How important is negligence to my case?

    A:Negligence is perhaps the most integral factor in an injury claim or lawsuit, and in order to fight for justice against the liable party (also called the defendant), you must first be able to prove their negligence and that it is the direct cause of your injuries.

Don't Make the Mistake of Hiring the Wrong Attorney

One minor mistake can put the entire legal process on hold. Contact our seasoned attorney to ensure you're in great hands.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.