S Visa (Informants) We've helped thousands of people just like you, and we can help you too.

New Jersey S Visa Lawyer

Visas Available for Witnesses and Informants

There are certain parties that can provide critical information to the U.S. authorities regarding criminal cases, including vital information about terrorist organizations. These witnesses and informants must be able to enter the country legally. Those who are willing to supply information about criminal enterprises operating within the U.S. borders, or impacting U.S. citizens and their security abroad may be eligible for an S Visa.

The process of gaining this type of temporary visa can be complex, and requires extensive documentation for approval. Make sure you hire a New Jersey immigration lawyer for the knowledgeable legal counsel you need.

Getting Approval for an S Visa to Enter the United States

This is a rare visa type for the United States, and of course, very specific circumstances need to apply in order for the United States government to feel safe in the transaction.

In order to be eligible the following must be true:

  • The U.S. Secretary of State and the Attorney General have determined that you are in possession of information of value to the authorities
  • You are willing to give the information to a federal law enforcement agency
  • You are willing to testify in federal court
  • This information has or would put you in danger in your home country

The types of immigration cases that could allow an S Visa to be issued include cases involving terrorism, and international criminal activities and enterprises. The spouses and unmarried sons and daughters of witnesses or informants may also be eligible for legal entry to the U.S. under an S-7 Visa.

If you have information regarding any criminal matter of interest to the federal authorities, and are coming to the United States on a temporary basis to provide testimony or other evidence, your application will be based upon a specific law enforcement agency (LEA) that is requesting your presence in the U.S.

Take Action and Call Us Immediately!

All of these matters must be carefully managed, as the witness or informant's information could be crucial to the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, or another federal agency. Once the immigrant has come to the U.S., it is often possible to seek permanent status in the country, as returning to the home country could lead to serious consequences, including death.

Call The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. today and contact us for information about an S Visa for Witnesses and Informants. Our New Jersey visa attorney is here to help.

Why Hire Our Firm?

We provide aggressive, yet compassionate representation to achieve successful results. 
  • Experienced & Proven Success Since 1987
  • Personally Assisted Thousands of Individuals
  • Tens of Millions Recovered for Our Clients

Common Questions

  • Q:How is a personal injury claim different from a personal injury lawsuit?

    A:Many victims are unsure what legal actions they should take to pursue fair compensation for their injuries. If you wish to hold the person responsible for your injuries liable, it is important to know the differences between a claim and a lawsuit.

  • Q:What is negligence?

    A:Negligence is one of the key aspects of any personal injury case. Negligence occurs when a person or party does not act with the proper amount of care and caution that a reasonable person would use to prevent harm or injury to another individual, or when the person or party does something harmful that a careful and reasonable person would not have done in a similar situation.

  • Q:How important is negligence to my case?

    A:Negligence is perhaps the most integral factor in an injury claim or lawsuit, and in order to fight for justice against the liable party (also called the defendant), you must first be able to prove their negligence and that it is the direct cause of your injuries.

Don't Make the Mistake of Hiring the Wrong Attorney

One minor mistake can put the entire legal process on hold. Contact our seasoned attorney to ensure you're in great hands.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.