Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

A-1 Temporary Visas Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

New Jersey A-1 Temporary Visa Attorney

Establishing Non-Immigrant Access into the United States

There are a great many ways to enter into the United States to accomplish a specific task. The Department of Homeland Security calls these, “non-immigrant visas” (NIVs), as they serve a temporary purpose and do not refer to an individual looking to live in the United States permanently.

One of the reservations, in fact the first reservation, the U.S government has made is for foreign ambassadors or diplomats to enter the country with an A-1 visa to perform relevant visas.

In order to be eligible for an A-1 visa, you must be one of the following:

  • Ambassador
  • Public Minister
  • Career Diplomat
  • Consular Officer
  • Immediate family of one of the above

This reservation serves the purpose of welcoming foreign diplomacy and encouraging international welfare. A-1 visas for diplomats and specialty officials like them come with several perks, as well.

Conditions of an A-1 Visa

If you are an official representative entering the United States on behalf of your country and to perform specific duties, there are a number of ancillary benefits to this arrangement.

A-1 Visa holders enjoy the following:

  • The visa can be renewed to extend the stay
  • The visa for immediate family members can also be renewed
  • A-1 visa status can eventually convert into a green card, later citizenship
  • Numerous diplomatic immunities, exemptions, privileges, and rights

Section 12 of 1957’s Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) established a number of possible ways that an A-1 visa holder could become a green card holder and candidate for citizenship. Mostly, the United States government will just want to know that you are an individual of good moral character, your admission into the United States wouldn’t jeopardize the country, or that there’s a good reason why you can’t return back to your home country. With the right lawyer, these points are usually provable in immigration court.

Call our New Jersey immigration law offices today to get started with applying for your A-1 visa or for help in advancing it into a green card!

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!