COVID-19 Court Update 04/02/2020 

New Jersey Green Card Attorney

The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. Is Here to Help!

Since 1987, we have helped thousands of clients find solutions to their immigration issues. When it comes to obtaining a green card and taking the step toward naturalized citizenship, we know that early preparation and careful planning can help to ensure that your application is handled correctly and effectively.

Our immigration lawyer in New Jersey has valuable knowledge and years of experience to guide you through the process. Careful preparation and proper handling of the application may save you time and money and reduce unnecessary anxiety.

Here are just some of the ways we assist clients with the process:

  • Careful assessment of green card eligibility for you and family members
  • Evaluation of travel, employment, and criminal background
  • Correct application preparation and speedy processing with USCIS
  • Predict and address problems that may arise with the application
  • Minimize risks of deportation and other errors
  • Prepare you for the status interview and additional requests

Immigration Assistance for Permanent Residency

When a person is eligible through marriage, family or employment to become a legal permanent resident of the United States, he or she may apply to adjust status from within the U.S. or at a U.S. Consulate abroad for permission to enter as a lawful permanent resident.

After being granted permanent residency, they will be given a permanent alien registration card, known as a green card. This card indicates that the holder has been granted immigration benefits and is allowed to live and work in the United States.

Permanent resident cards are issued for 10 years and can be renewed indefinitely, as long as the resident remains in good standing. If the card is obtained through marriage and the marriage is less than 2 years old at the time of the grant, the card will be conditional for two years and it will require an additional filing prior to the expiration date to make it permanent.

There are several ways to obtain a green card, including:

Marriage-Based Green Cards

This is often the quickest way for a foreign alien to legally live and reside permanently in the U.S. However, there are many requirements that must be met before an applicant can file to become a legal permanent resident of the United States.

Green Cards Through Employment & Investment

Since 1987 our office has represented hundreds of employers and employees seeking permanent residency (green cards) through employment or through an investment in a U.S. venture. The employment-based immigration categories are commonly referred to as EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. Employment based visas usually require proof to the satisfaction of the U.S. Department of Labor that the foreign employee is one of the best in the field or that there are no U.S. workers who are qualified and able to fill the position. The regulations are designed to protect the US job market for American workers.

Currently, the US allows 140,000 visas per year to be allocated to employment-based green cards. Many of these visa applications have long waiting periods making it difficult for an employer to hire the foreign national to fill an urgent need. There are also many requirements necessary to qualify, most require the approval of the Department of Labor designed to protect US jobs, workers and wages.

Consular Processing vs. Adjustment of Status

If you are a beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition and have an immigrant visa number available, then you may apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to enter the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident.

This process is referred to as "consular processing." On the other hand, if you are already in the United States and are eligible, then you can apply for permanent resident status without the inconvenience of having to return to your home country to finish the processing. This pathway is referred to "adjustment of status."

Reasons to Pursue Permanent Residence

There are different reasons why a person may pursue permanent residence within the United States. In most cases immigrants become eligible for a green card when a petition is filed on their behalf by a family member or an employer, while others come to this country through refugee or asylum status.

In any case, obtaining permanent residence is usually of the highest priority for the immigrant who is seeking a green card. Often times a spouse, a son or daughter, other family members or a promising job awaits them in the United States. For this reason, a seasoned immigration attorney can provide immeasurable benefits to the person seeking permanent residence status.

Get Help – Call a Green Card Lawyer in New Jersey

At The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C., we can help people who are seeking non-immigrant visas, immigrant visas, and green cards for the purpose of living and working here in the United States. We understand how important it is to submit your application as soon as possible.

Our firm has extensive experience in U.S. immigration laws; therefore, we can help you prepare for an application of a U.S. visa or permanent residency whether you are already here in the United States or overseas.

    Why Hire a Lawyer for a Green Card Case?

    Not all immigration services may be authorized to assist with legal issues. In New Jersey, a Notary Public is not an attorney, and working with these individuals may cause more harm than good.

    As a legal professional with years of training, legal knowledge, and litigation experience, the New Jersey immigration lawyers at our firm are qualified to help with legal issues concerning immigration law. Our team has already helped thousands of green card applicants in the New Jersey and New York area.

    Why Hire Our Firm?

    We provide aggressive, yet compassionate representation to achieve successful results. 
    • Experienced & Proven Success Since 1987
    • Personally Assisted Thousands of Individuals
    • Tens of Millions Recovered for Our Clients

    Common Questions

    • Q:How is a personal injury claim different from a personal injury lawsuit?

      A:Many victims are unsure what legal actions they should take to pursue fair compensation for their injuries. If you wish to hold the person responsible for your injuries liable, it is important to know the differences between a claim and a lawsuit.

    • Q:What is negligence?

      A:Negligence is one of the key aspects of any personal injury case. Negligence occurs when a person or party does not act with the proper amount of care and caution that a reasonable person would use to prevent harm or injury to another individual, or when the person or party does something harmful that a careful and reasonable person would not have done in a similar situation.

    • Q:How important is negligence to my case?

      A:Negligence is perhaps the most integral factor in an injury claim or lawsuit, and in order to fight for justice against the liable party (also called the defendant), you must first be able to prove their negligence and that it is the direct cause of your injuries.

    Don't Make the Mistake of Hiring the Wrong Attorney

    One minor mistake can put the entire legal process on hold. Contact our seasoned attorney to ensure you're in great hands.
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.