Call for a Consultation 800.909.8129
Se Habla Español

Relief from Deportation Dedicated to protecting your rights.

We will handle your case with the personal attention you deserve.

Relief from Deportation

Immigration Lawyer in New Jersey Helping You Avoid Removal

Especially with affairs as they are in the United States, many immigrants and foreign nationals are afraid of deportation or forced removal from the country. The US is a just country with many regulations and exceptions to what you may be threatened with. It’s important that you know there are options you can pursue with a New Jersey immigration lawyer to remain in the United States if you fear deportation.

Relief for Green Card & Non-Green Card Holders

If faced with a criminal conviction that you fear might cause your deportation, there are still options. Green Card holders who have been living in the United States for 7 years and who have been a permanent United States resident for 5 years can still win their case keep their Green Card.

For those who do not hold Green Cards, there are still systems in place that can cancel your removal. For example, if you are in the United States on Temporary Protected Status (TPS), you cannot be removed from the United States. Additionally, there are other options we can explore about your specific case.

Waivers for Fraud & Crimes

If you have been charged with a fraud crime or willful misrepresentation in order enter or stay in the United States, it’s possible that your crime is inadmissible, which means the court can’t use it against you. If certain conditions apply, you may be able to obtain a waiver of inadmissibility and stay in the U.S.

Convention Against Torture (CAT)

The United Nations met late in 1984 to establish the Convention Against Torture Act, which is a rare but possible form of relief from deportation that is relevant when an individual fears torture in their home country. If we can prove beyond a 50% likelihood of your torture, you may be able to stay.

Defensive Asylum Claims

As discussed previously, relief from deportation is likely if you obtain temporary protection status at the time of your arrest or detention, but if you do not obtain it, it’s not too late. In your defense, we can argue in front of an immigration judge and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement that you are eligible for asylum.

It’s important that you remember this is not the end. A simple threat of deportation does not decide it. This is a legal matter in the land of the free, and an experienced New Jersey immigration attorney such as Lloyd E. Bennett can help you overturn this threat. Call our offices today at (800) 909-8129.

Send Us A Message

The right attorney can make all the difference. Contact our team today.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Conveniently Located At

4713 Bergenline Avenue
Union City, NJ 07087

Find Out About Your Immigration Options

Speak with our attorneys today to talk about your situation and we will walk you through your options.

American flag

Common Questions

  • I am a fiancée of a U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. How can I enter the U.S. to marry?

    Your fiancée must apply for a Fiancée Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa. The visa is for parties who have physically met within the past two years, have an intent to marry, and can document a relationship together. The visa is only for those who are residing abroad and cannot be used if the alien is in the US. The application is filed from within the US and when approved, will be forwarded to the American Consular where the alien fiancée will apply for the visa and be interviewed by an officer - usually about 8-12 months from the date of filing.

  • I live in the U.S. and I am marrying a U.S. citizen. How can I get a green card and become a permanent resident?

    Assuming you have entered the US with a visa or are protected by an old law called 245i, you may be eligible to adjust status to receive a green card from within the US. If you have been illegally present for more than 6 months, you cannot travel until the green card is in hand. Current processing time is about 5-7 months.

  • I live outside the U.S. and I married a U.S citizen. How can I come to the U.S. to live?

    To enter the US after a marriage to a US Citizen, you would go through Consular Processing. Paperwork would be filed in the US and forwarded to the embassy abroad to schedule an interview. The processing time frame from start to finish is between 9-11 months, depending on the embassy abroad. The process is document-intensive and requires careful attention to detail.

Read More

Conferences & Speaking Engagements

Staying Current to Provide Our Clients the Best Protection

Our Founding Attorney Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq. is one of the rare attorneys with as many as 30 plus years of experience in the field who possess the drive to constantly learn more to better advocate for his clients. Immigration law is a field that changes constantly as world politics unfold, new leaders front the United States and immigration processes change. In order to stay on top of this, Attorney Bennett remains an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) based in Washington D.C. and the New Jersey Chapter of AILA for which he is a former chapter chair. Attorney Bennett constantly attends conferences and presentations which analyze changes in immigration law and procedure to provide the most up to date advice for his clients. He is also a frequent speaker at civic events in New Jersey. His role in the immigration law community keeps his representation on the cutting edge.

Stellar Reviews

Don’t take our word for it – see what past clients are saying about the firm!