About Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq.
Trusted in New Jersey With Complex Legal Matters Since 1987
Welcome to my web site and thank you for visiting! I am the founder and principal owner of The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C., located in Hudson County, NJ. Since 1987, I have represented individuals in legal matters involving immigration, workers' compensation, and personal injury throughout New Jersey and New York. My firm provides a personalized approach to each case and this process is a testament to the firm's continuing success and positive reviews.
Over the years, I have recovered tens of millions of dollars for my injured clients and helped thousands of individuals obtain immigration benefits, whether in the US or abroad. It's truly rewarding to be able to help someone achieve the American dream for themselves or their family.
Awards and Accolades for Legal Achievement
Since 2008, I have been selected for inclusion in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers ® by Thomson Reuters. I have also been honored for selection since 2014 for inclusion in the The Best Lawyers in America©. I am licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey and in Immigration Courts across the United States.
View Lloyd Bennett's professional ratings and read client reviews at following:
Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers. A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.
Dedication Inside and Outside the Courtroom
For the past 10 years, I have fought for comprehensive immigration reform in Washington D.C. In 2012, I served as Chapter Chair for the American Immigration Lawyers Association's New Jersey Chapter, an organization I have been a member of since 1993. I have also lobbied for change in Washington on behalf the American Immigration Lawyers Association. I am currently on various Immigration Committees in New Jersey including the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) Committee and the Office of Chief Counsel (OCC) Committee as well as the Media and Advocacy Committee. This deep involvement makes me unique in the field of immigration law. As an active member of various organizations, I am able to provide my clients with the best resources to assist them.
I am experienced in the following areas of immigration law:
- Employment based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas for, IT professionals, financial analysts, engineers, healthcare workers, scientists, and other skilled professionals
- H-1B nonimmigrant visas; L-1A and L-1B intra company transfer visas; E-3 Australian visas; O-1A nonimmigrant visas for extraordinary ability artists and entertainers; TN nonimmigrant visa under NAFTA; labor certification (PERM); immigrant visas for extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, managers and executives
- Family based immigration for spouses, children, parents, and fiancées in and outside the United States for Green Card Holders and CItizens
- Removal of Conditions for conditional residents in the US
- Asylum, Withholding of Removal and Convention Against Torture (CAT) claims
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Deferred Action (DACA)
- Able to provide representation at U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide for all nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applications and waivers of inadmissibility for visa overstays or fraud
- Naturalization applications and review for eligibility
- Complex deportation and removal defense including bond redetermination hearings, trials in immigration court, motions to terminate proceedings and appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals
Lloyd E. Bennett is an active member in the following:
- Hudson County Bar Associations
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- New Jersey Bar Association
- North Hudson Lawyers Group
- Super Lawyers® since 2008
- The American Immigration Lawyers Association (New Jersey & New York City Chapter)
- The Association of Deportation Defense Attorneys
Education & Personal Life
I started the firm in Hudson County in 1987 after graduating from Newark's Seton Hall University School of Law. Prior to law school, I received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ithaca College in 1984. As the third generation of legal professionals, I am proud to continue the legacy of my father and grandfather who were well-respected attorneys in the North Jersey legal community.
I am frequently contributing to magazines and newspapers in Hudson County concerning immigration information and I have spoken to various civic organizations and at other gatherings about immigration law issues. I have also been featured on TV and Radio discussing these issues. If you would like me to speak to your organization feel free to contact me.
When I am not practicing law, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, biking, exercising, skiing and spinning on my peloton.