Medical Malpractice Injuries
New Jersey Medical Malpractice Lawyers
In a hospital or even a private doctor's office, medical malpractice can take place when a physician fails to properly treat a medical condition. The negligent act or omission can cause a new or aggravated injury to the patient. Some of these injuries include infections caused by improper sterilization techniques, brain damage, cerebral palsy from birth injuries, and severe reactions to medication.
Medical malpractice can be caused by:
- A doctor failing to gain the informed consent of the patient for an operation or surgical procedure
- Failure to consult a specialist or order the appropriate tests
- Mistakes in lab work or testing
- A doctor's failure to properly treat or monitor a patients progress or decline
- A delay, failure or misdiagnosis of an ailment or treating of a disease
- A surgical or anesthesia-related mishap during an operative procedure
- Improperly administering anesthesia
- Misuse of prescription drugs or a medical device or implant on a patient.
Consequences of Medical Malpractice Cases
Suffering a medical malpractice injury or illness can result in severe consequences to you or a loved one. Determining negligence is best left to a highly skilled professional. A personal injury attorney at our firm can help victims seek maximum compensation for injuries caused by medical professionals. This can include monetary damages for hospitalization, medical treatment, rehabilitation, home care, pain, suffering, emotional trauma, and lost wages.
You must act quickly if you have been injured or became ill due to medical malpractice, or if a loved one has lost their life from a medical mistake. Speak with a New Jersey personal injury attorney at once to find out how to seek monetary damages by filing an injury claim.
The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. will immediately conduct an investigation to determine who was at fault for your injuries, and hold them accountable for the negligence. Contact a New Jersey medical malpractice attorney if you have been injured by a medical practitioner to find out how to file a malpractice claim for damages.