• Awards & Associations

    Excellent Service. Excellent Reputation

Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers . A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.

New Jersey H2-B Visa Lawyer

Immigration Assistance for Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers

Of the many non-immigrant visas, there is one called the H-2B non-immigrant visa. This visa permits foreign national workers to come to the United States and perform temporary non-agricultural work that is one-time, peak load, intermittent or seasonal in nature. Before a work visa will be issued, the employer is required to show that no U.S. workers are available to fill the position being offered. Only 66,000 of these types of visas are issued per year and they authorize a stay for only one year.

There is an annual limit of H-2B visas of 66,000 per year. The maximum period of stay that will be authorized is one year; however, the visa can be extended for a total of three years. Either skilled or unskilled workers can be employed on an H-2B visa. The only workers who are specifically excluded for this type of visa are foreign medical graduates applying for work in the medical field and agricultural workers.

The Department of Labor strictly enforces regulations for this type of visa, ensuring that there are indeed no U.S. workers that can work in these positions and that hiring foreign nationals will not adversely affect U.S. wages or working conditions.

We Can Help You Apply for an H2-B Visa

The immigration process can be very complex. With such a limited amount of this type of visa and so many applying for it, it is in your best interests to seek out an experienced and knowledgeable New Jersey immigration lawyer to guide your immigration process.

If you have been trying to receive approval to legally enter the United States, but have run into barriers in the approval process, contact The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. to receive the assistance you deserve. Our office has been successfully assisting numerous clients in the New Jersey area for many years. Contact a New Jersey immigration attorney at our firm for assistance with your H-2B visa application. SE HABLA ESPANOL.