• Awards & Associations

    Excellent Service. Excellent Reputation

Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers . A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.

E-1 & E-2 Visa Lawyer in New Jersey

Immigration Assistance for Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors

Two types of non-immigrant work visas have to do with treaty traders and investors. When using these types of visas, you must be a foreign national from a treaty nation, of which there is a list.

The E-1 visa is a treaty trader visa that allows a foreign national to enter the U.S. and deal in a substantial amount of trade. The treaty trader must belong to a nation that maintains a U.S. treaty of commerce and navigation or a bilateral agreement. Trade in this sense means commercial transactions in good and trade in services and technology such as banking, insurance, transportation, and tourism.

You may qualify for an E-1 visa if:

  • You are an executive, manager or specialist in a treaty nation company operating in the U.S., or you own 50 percent of the company
  • The nationals of your country own at least 50 percent of the stock of the company
  • You are a citizen of a treaty trade country, and are involved in international trade
  • You are an immediate family member of a principle E-1 visa holder

Few areas of federal law are more confusing than immigration law. It is therefore very important to seek out a competent New Jersey immigration lawyer to help you through the application and documentation gathering process.

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas

The other treaty visa is the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa. This type of visa allows a foreign national who meets the U.S. requirements to enter the country for the purpose of developing and managing the operations of a business in which the applicant has or will invest a substantial amount of capital. Additionally, the person entering the U.S. must have more than fifty percent (50%) ownership of the investment. The only other allowance for this type of a visa is for an employee of the company coming on behalf of the owner.

Get help from an experienced immigration attorney in Hudson County!

The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. has successfully assisted hundreds of businesses, firms, and individuals by simplifying the complex immigration process. With our assistance, you can feel confident the procedures and applications necessary to apply for this type of visa will be done accurately and timely. Contact our office for immediate assistance.

Are you in need of a treaty or investor visa? Contact an immigration attorney in New Jersey for help.