• Awards & Associations

    Excellent Service. Excellent Reputation

Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers . A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.

New Jersey B-2 Visitor Visa Lawyer

Visas for Tourist and Visitors to the U.S.

If your purpose in visiting the United States is recreational in nature, including tourism, amusement, social (non-business) conference, visiting friends or relatives, rest, medical, activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature, amateur events, musical, sports and similar events or contests where one will not receive any cash prize or gift, then a visitor visa (B-2) would be the visa for your travel.

In order to get a visitor visa, you must have a valid passport that does not expire for at least six months past the time you are planning on leaving after your visit to the U.S. If several members of your family are planning on visiting, each must submit a separate visitor visa application. You are required to provide a current photo of yourself, and only a specific format and size is acceptable. The B-2 visas are usually granted for six months, even if the period of your stay is actually going to be less than that. Employment is not allowed in the visitor visa category.

During the application process you're going to be asked for additional information, including:

  1. Proof that your stay is for a limited duration of time;
  2. Proof that you intend to depart at the expiration of stay i.e. return trip plans;
  3. Proof that you are maintaining a foreign residence that you intends to return to and you maintains ties to your home country;
  4. Proof that you have adequate financial resources to support yourself during this time i.e. proof of bank funds;
  5. Proof that your will engage in legitimate visitor activities i.e. has an itinerary of what you're going to do, has proof of tours booked or hotel reservations. If visiting friends and relatives will need letters of invitation from them noting same.

Applying for a B-2 Tourist/Visitor Visa

After the application is submitted you will be required to attend a visa interview, which is most often held at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. In some situations it is possible to change visa categories from within the US such as a student visa to a visitor or a J1 (without 2 year home county requirement) to visitor visa.

The laws for immigration visas are complex and confusing. In order to ensure you will be able to travel legally as a visitor to the United States, it is very important to seek out a New Jersey immigration attorney, who can help you through the immigration process.

Applying for a visa? Our firm is here to help!

Why attempt to obtain a visa on your own and risk being unable to enter the United States? The New Jersey immigration lawyer at The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. has successfully assisted hundreds of businesses, firms, and individuals by simplifying the complex immigration process. Our clients include hundreds of satisfied individuals and families, many of them referred to us by happy clients. Are you a foreign tourist wishing to visit the U.S.? Contact a New Jersey immigration attorney to discuss your situation.