• Awards & Associations

    Excellent Service. Excellent Reputation

Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers . A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.

New Jersey F-1/M-1 Visa Attorney

Acquire a Visa for Academic & Vocational Purposes

Student visas are available for foreign citizens seeking a full course of study at an established school in the United States. This type of student has a restricted work opportunity. Under limited circumstances, these temporary visa holders may qualify for employment on campus.

There are many details and much documentation required to obtain an academic or vocational student visa and these are best addressed by a New Jersey immigration attorney. The legal team at The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. has the knowledge and skill to quickly and effectively pursue your application for this type of visa.

F-1 Student Visas

The foreign citizen applying for an Academic Student Visa (F-1) must come to the United States to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by the United States government. There must be a valid educational purpose to qualify and the person must be a full time student.

The student can stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled in school. Foreign students may enter the United States multiple times if they hold a valid F-1 Student Visa. The F-1 student visa is normally issued at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student's home country. The person holding an F-1 visa also needs to maintain a valid passport. The student may also work on campus as long as they are enrolled in school.

M-1 Vocational Visas

The M-1 Vocational Visa does not allow a foreign citizen to study generally in the United States. They must be involved in full time study. This includes a full course of study in a community or junior college, with at least 12 semester or quarter hours. It must be in a school where anyone attending for at least 12 semester or quarter hours is charged full tuition, or considered full-time. The only exception is where you need a smaller course load to complete your course of study. There are various other options if one cannot meet these requirements, but either way, it has to be a certified Designated School Official (DSO) program.

Need help getting a visa?

The New Jersey immigration lawyer at our firm will help you with any immigration needs you might have, thus allowing you to fulfill your intentions and purposes in the United States. We have been successfully assisting thousands of clients in the New Jersey area for many years. Contact our office today. SE HABLA ESPANOL.

Having a problem getting a student visa? Contact an immigration attorney in New Jersey to discuss your situation.