• Awards & Associations

    Excellent Service. Excellent Reputation

Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers . A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.

Student Visa Attorney in New Jersey

Planning on studying in the U.S.?

There are several types of visas for students, based upon the term of the visit for study. For those who are planning to visit for a short period of time, a Visitor B visa application must be submitted. For those who are planning on studying at an American college or university, high school, a private elementary school, a seminary or conservatory or other institution for a longer period of time, you will need an F-1 visa, which has specific requirements.

The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. can help you apply for such temporary visas as:

Applying for a Student Visa in the United States

The process of gaining a student visa includes several steps that must be managed carefully and correctly, which is why you should hire a New Jersey immigration lawyer. If you are accepted by the U.S. educational organization you are planning to attend, you must then be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, and pay a fee for enrollment in the program. After enrolling, you will be required to submit a form, the I-20, which must be presented to the U.S. consulate in your home country, when you appear for your visa interview.

If you plan on bringing your husband or wife and your children to live with you during your term of study, each individual family member must submit a separate Form I-20, but your family is not required to pay the enrollment fee for the SEVIS. Certain student visas can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your term of study in the U.S. You will not be allowed to enter the country more than 30 days prior to the scheduled term of study. There are several requirements that must be fulfilled to apply for a student visa. You must have valid passport, and it must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the time frame of the student visa for which you are applying.

Each person travelling with you to the U.S.A. must submit a separate visa application. The educational facility you are going to attend will have entered your information in the SEVIS database, and a form will be generated, Form I-20. This form must be signed by both you and a person from the school you plan to attend. You may be required to submit added information, including your academic record, your plans to leave the U.S. after your term of study, and how you plan to pay for the costs of living and studying in the U.S.A.

Get Help from an Immigration Lawyer in New Jersey

If you are planning to come to the country to get a degree or advanced degree, or for intensive study in a specific discipline, it is important that the process moves ahead smoothly and you are not denied access to the education you are seeking in the United States. My New Jersey immigration firm assists in all the details, allowing you to be confident that all submissions are correct and timely, increasing the chances of getting your student visa approved.

Contact The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. for more information about student visas.