• Awards & Associations

    Excellent Service. Excellent Reputation

Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers . A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.

U Visa Lawyer in New Jersey

Visas for Victims of Crime

U visas can be granted to immigrants to the United States and who have been victims of certain serious crimes. This type of temporary visa allows them to remain in the country up to four years in exchange for helping law enforcement authorities investigate and prosecute those who were responsible for the crimes.

Qualifying for a U Visa

In order to obtain a U visa, you must qualify for each of the categories below:

  • The crime committed against you included: abduction, false imprisonment, kidnapping, manslaughter, prostitution, rape, sexual exploitation, torture, witness tampering, and others
  • As a result of the crime committed against you, you suffered significant physical or mental harm
  • You can relay information to law enforcement regarding the crime
  • You help law enforcement in their investigation and/or subsequent prosecution of the crime
  • The crime against you happened in the U.S.

In addition, the person applying for a U visa can also file for a visa for their spouse and children. If the applicant is under the age of 21, he can also file for his spouse, children, siblings who are not married and under the age of 18, and his own parents.

Get Help Today - Call 800-909-8129

You may have many questions about U visas, visas in general, or other immigration issues. To gain assistance in obtaining a U visa due to being a crime victim, you should contact a New Jersey immigration law attorney. At The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C., I understand the issue of being in a foreign country and the victim of a serious crime. It's a situation that can easily put a person under an extreme amount of stress, and I can help.

I have 25 years of experience successfully helping immigrants in the United States. Contact my firm right away to discuss whether you qualify for a U visa with our New Jersey immigration lawyer.