• Awards & Associations

    Excellent Service. Excellent Reputation

Selection to the Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomas Reuters. A description of their select methodology can be found here. Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyers . A description of their selection methodology can be found here. AVVO rating are issued by AVVO. AVVO's rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.

Employment-Based Green Card Lawyer

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

Green cards can be obtained through certain employment relationships under one of USCIS' preference paths to lawful permanent residency. Some preference categories require employer sponsorship others do not. The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. can assist in evaluating the situation and provide the guidance necessary to obtain approval from the U.S. Department of Labor and the USCIS.

Most employment based green cards require the US Department of Labor to certify that there are no qualified U.S. workers able, willing, qualified and available to accept the job offered at the prevailing wage for that occupation in the area of intended employment and that employment of the alien will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers. However, some do not carry this requirement.

  1. Most employment categories require that the U.S. employer complete a labor certification (for the applicant, and submit it to the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration. Labor must either grant or deny the certification request. The labor certification contains various attestations about the position offered in a effort to protect American jobs.
  1. If the certification is required and obtained USCIS must review and approve an immigrant visa petition, Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, for the person wishing to immigrate to the United States. The employer wishing to bring the applicant to the United States to work permanently files this petition.
  1. The State Department must give the applicant an immigrant visa number, even if the applicant is already in the United States. When the applicant receives an immigrant visa number, it means that an immigrant visa has been assigned to the applicant. You can check the status of a visa number in the Department of State's Visa Bulletin.
  1. If the applicant is already in the United States, he or she must apply to adjust to permanent resident status after a visa number becomes available. If the applicant is outside the United States when an immigrant visa number becomes available, he or she will be notified and must complete the process at his or her local U.S. consulate office.

Entering the United States can be complex for a foreign national. Therefore, it is very important to find a knowledgeable and helpful New Jersey immigration attorney to deal with your immigration process.

More Than Two Decades of Immigration Experience

In addition to being complex, the immigration process is time consuming and can be delayed at any point in the procedure. If you are an employer or foreign national and want to receive a green card for an employee or yourself, but are having problems getting one, the New Jersey immigration lawyer at The Law Offices of Lloyd E. Bennett, Esq., P.C. is ready to assist.

We have over 25 years of experience in helping employers and foreign nationals in New Jersey get green cards. With our extensive experience in this area, we can minimize the trouble and provide quick, effective legal representation for your immigration needs. SE HABLA ESPANOL

Contact a New Jersey immigration attorney if you need help getting an employment based green card with a minimum of hassle and delay.