Recent Case Results for Clients Injured While Working in NJ.
Results will vary depending upon the circumstances of each case. Settlements and awards are mostly based upon the schedule of disability benefits as set by the State of New Jersey. Awards are limited to the schedule once disability is set by examining physicians. For that reason, workers compensation awards cannot be compared to Judgments, Settlements or Verdicts in Superior Court cases as workers compensation awards will be less as workers compensation awards do not consider how the injury occurred. Most employees injured at work regardless how the injury occurred are entitled to an award of compensation. Therefore, to ensure that the workers compensation system continues to function the awards are limited as noted below.
- Fall from ladder at worksite resulting in quadriplegia-total disability for life
- Fall from ramp resulting in disc herniation at C6-7 with discetomy and plates and screws with subsequent exploration and removal of plating and screws 45% of total $66,150.00.
- Lifting heavy objects injured back sprains and strains of the thoracic and lumbar spine with disc herniation at L5-S1. 15% of partial total disability $15,120.00.
- Lifting heavy object causing disc herniation at L5-S1. 25% of partial total disability $29,130.00.
- Fall from container 45% of the right foot resulting from fracture of the 2,3,4th metatarsal and contusions and strains of the right foot, 30% of partial total resulting from contusions and strains of the lumbosacral region plus payment of all outstanding medical bills $120,487.00.
- $20,000.00 for disputed back injury.
- Injured back while lifting heavy object, disputed claim $7,500.00.
- Pushing heavy trolley injured left shoulder disputed claim $25,000.00
- Lifting heavy object caused hernia, had surgical repair $5,190.00.
- Lifting heavy object injured right arm 12 ½% of total $4,281.00.
- Lacerated left hand $2,119.00.
- Lifting heavy object injured lower back resolved for 25% of partial total disability orthopedic and neurological injuries for herniated discs at left L4-5 with surgery and nerve root decompression $27,451.00.
- Object fell onto hand, settled for 12 1/2 % of the left-hand resulting from the crush injury to the left from a fracture of the distal phalanx with loss of range of motion and strength of the hand $5,298.13.
- Fall from ladder, settled for 33 1/3 percent of the right leg for torn medial and lateral meniscus with surgical repair $19,215.00
- Object fell onto head causing contusion to head and fractured skull with post-concussion syndrome $10,680.00.
- Fall from pallet injured lower back settled for 7 ½% of partial total for sprains and strains of the lumbar spine $8,280.00.
- Lifting heavy boxes injured lower back resolved for 30% of partial total disability disc bulge at L4-5 and herniation at L5-S1 with epidural injections and posterior interbody fusionusing, bone grafting and bilateral radiculopathy $39,210.00.
- Inhalation of toxic fumes. Disputed case settled for $4,000.00 for pulmonary injuries.
- Injured hip and lower back while lifting heavy object. 17 ½% of partial total for disc herniation at L5-S1 with radiculopathy $19,734.00.
- Lifting objects injured arm. 20% of partial total for distal bicep tendon rupture with surgical repair $22,956.00.
- Heavy object fell onto foot. 25% of the right foot resulting from fracture of the 4th and 5th metatarsal bone with open reduction and internal fixation $10,235.00.00
- Fell an injured lower back. 17 ½% for L5-S1 disc herniation with radiculopathy $19,732.00
- Struck in face by wood pallet. 25% for nasal fracture nose with open reduction and sprain and strain of the cervical spine $23,493.00.
- Fall on wet floor. 55% right hand resulting from fracture of the distal radius and ulnar styloid with open capsulotomy of the first second third and fourth fingers and right carpal tunnel syndrome $32,923.00.
- Driver of fork lift involved in an accident. 60% of the right leg with open commuted fracture of the mid-fibula and distal third of right tibia with the surgical repair, rods and multiple skin and bone grafts from the left leg $64,080.00.
- Slip and fall on ice in a parking lot. Case settled for $33,000 for disc herniations C5-6 disc bulge at C3-4 with lumbar sprain and strain.
- Trip & fall at work. Contusions and strains of the right hand $6,601.00.
- Injured back lifting heavy objects. Disputed claim. Resolved for $13,500.00.
- Injured back while working on machine. Disc bulge at L4 -5, L5- S1, herniation at T12-L1 with S1 radiculitis. $27,426.00.
- Cutting wood cut hand with electric saw causing lacerations and fractures to the hand $47,897.00
- Fall from scaffold causing disc herniation at L5-S1 with epidural injections and sexual dysfunction from injury to perineum and pelvic $25,760.00.
- File cabinet fell on head at work causing neurological injuries. Disputed claim settled for $125,000.00.
- Lifting furniture at works injured lower back. Aggravation of prior back injury $7,500.00.
- Tripped on stairs injured foot causing sprain and strain with a fracture of small toe $8,464.00.
- Heavy object fell onto client causing cervical and lumbar disc bulges $16,560.00.
- Slip and Fall on wet floor causing shoulder injury with surgical repair of the rotator cuff. $39,292.62.
- Crush injury to the foot $8,464.00.
- Injured lower back causing disc herniation at L4-5 and disc bulge at L3-4 $23,724.00.
- Struck by object in face causing fractures of nasal bone and septum with surgery $8,280.00.
- Teacher fell at school causing wrist fracture with surgery in a post-operative $10,143.00
- Teacher fell on beads injuring left knee needing surgery $15939.00.
- Robbed while carrying jewelry for work. Psychological injury 22 ½% $25,845.00.
- Slip and fall on ice in parking lot at work causing fracture to the right foot with surgery $14,566.67.
- Trapped between machines causing disc herniation at L5-S1 $27,027.00.
- Coat rack fell onto right shoulder causing impingement syndrome and fracture of scapula $24,440.00.
- Motor vehicle accident while working causing sprain and strain of the lumbar spine with fracture of the right L2 transverse process; fracture of C6 lamina; facial lacerations; right foot injury and the right ring finger injury along with post-concussion disorder. 30% $41,784.00.
- Fall on wet floor while making delivery causing injury herniated disc at L4-5 and L5-S1 with annular disc bulge at L4-5 with neurological injury. 22 ½ % $27,426.00.
- Fall from ladder at asbestos site causing fracture of the tibia and fibula shaft in a post-operative state with plates and screws. 17 ½% 21,006.00.
- Bank teller hit by falling coin bag causing post-concussion syndrome and scarification 22 ½% $28,251.00.
- Exiting cafeteria fell on wet floor, fractured left shoulder and had surgery $29,956.
- Lifting heavy box injured lower back. Disputed claim resolved $25,000.00.
- Struck by a hilo. Left knee medial meniscus tear and left total knee replacement. 35% $20,280.00.
- Injured left leg in a fall causing surgery for tear of the anterior cruciate ligament and medial meniscus 35% $22,170.75.
- Injured shoulder while working on a roof causing impingement syndrome and surgery. 22 ½ $29,523.00