Recent Case Results for Injured Workers
Results will vary depending upon the circumstances of each case. Settlements
and awards are mostly based upon the schedule of disability benefits as
set by the State of New Jersey. Awards are limited to the schedule once
disability is set by examining physicians. For that reason, workers compensation
awards cannot be compared to Judgments, Settlements or Verdicts in Superior
Court cases as workers compensation awards will be less as workers compensation
awards do not consider how the injury occurred. Most employees injured
at work regardless how the injury occurred are entitled to an award of
compensation. Therefore, to ensure that the workers compensation system
continues to function the awards are limited as noted below.
- Fall from ladder at worksite resulting in quadriplegia awarded total disability for life.
- Injured back lifting heavy objects at work suffered multiple herniated
discs with surgical repair, unable to return to work and awarded total
disability for life,
- Fall from scaffold rendered paraplegic total disability for life
- Hit head and injured neck resulting in surgery with screws and plates 55%
of partial total $175,223.00
- Hydraulic lift failure resulted in multiple facial fractures, loss of smell
and taste with post-concussion symdrome and partial loss of vision 50%
of partial total $127,869.00,
- Fall from ramp resulting in disc herniation at C6-7 with discectomy and
plates and screws with subsequent exploration and removal of plating and
screws 45% of total $66,150.00.
- Fall at work resulting in multiple disc herniation, left shoulder and elbow
surgery. 50% of partial total $145,000.00.
- Lifting heavy objects injured back sprains and strains of the thoracic
and lumbar spine with disc herniation at L5-S1. 15% of partial total disability
- Lifting heavy object causing disc herniation at L5-S1. 25% of partial total
- Fall from container 45% of the right foot resulting from fracture of the
2,3,4th metatarsal and contusions and strains of the right foot, 30% of
partial total resulting from contusions and strains of the lumbosacral
region plus payment of all outstanding medical bills $120,487.00.
- $20,000.00 for disputed back injury.
- Injured back while lifting heavy object, disputed claim $7,500.00.
- Pushing heavy trolley injured left shoulder disputed claim $25,000.00
- Lifting heavy object caused hernia, had surgical repair $5,190.00.
- Lifting heavy object injured right arm 12 ½% of total $4,281.00.
- Lacerated left hand $2,119.00.
- Lifting heavy object injured lower back resolved for 25% of partial total
disability orthopedic and neurological injuries for herniated discs at
left L4-5 with surgery and nerve root decompression $27,451.00.
- Object fell onto hand, settled for 12 1/2 % of the left-hand resulting
from the crush injury to the left from a fracture of the distal phalanx
with loss of range of motion and strength of the hand $5,298.13.
- Fall from ladder, settled for 33 1/3 percent of the right leg for torn
medial and lateral meniscus with surgical repair $19,215.00
- Object fell onto head causing contusion to head and fractured skull with
post-concussion syndrome $10,680.00.
- Fall from pallet injured lower back settled for 7 ½% of partial
total for sprains and strains of the lumbar spine $8,280.00.
- Lifting heavy boxes injured lower back resolved for 30% of partial total
disability disc bulge at L4-5 and herniation at L5-S1 with epidural injections
and posterior interbody fusion, bone grafting and bilateral radiculopathy
- Inhalation of toxic fumes. Disputed case settled for $4,000.00 for pulmonary injuries.
- Injured hip and lower back while lifting heavy object. 17 ½% of
partial total for disc herniation at L5-S1 with radiculopathy $19,734.00.
- Lifting objects injured arm. 20% of partial total for distal bicep tendon
rupture with surgical repair $22,956.00.
- Heavy object fell onto foot. 25% of the right foot resulting from fracture
of the 4th and 5th metatarsal bone with open reduction and internal fixation
- Fell an injured lower back. 17 ½% for L5-S1 disc herniation with
- Struck in face by wood pallet. 25% for nasal fracture nose with open reduction
and sprain and strain of the cervical spine $23,493.00.
- Fall on wet floor. 55% right hand resulting from fracture of the distal
radius and ulnar styloid with open capsulotomy of the first second third
and fourth fingers and right carpal tunnel syndrome $32,923.00.
- Driver of fork lift involved in an accident. 60% of the right leg with
open commuted fracture of the mid-fibula and distal third of right tibia
with the surgical repair, rods and multiple skin and bone grafts from
the left leg $64,080.00.
- Slip and fall on ice in a parking lot. Case settled for $33,000 for disc
herniation C5-6 disc bulge at C3-4 with lumbar sprain and strain.
- Trip & fall at work. Contusions and strains of the right hand $6,601.00.
- Injured back lifting heavy objects. Disputed claim. Resolved for $13,500.00.
- Injured back while working on machine. Disc bulge at L4 -5, L5- S1, herniation
at T12-L1 with S1 radiculitis. $27,426.00.
- Cutting wood cut hand with electric saw causing lacerations and fractures
to the hand $47,897.00
- Fall from scaffold causing disc herniation at L5-S1 with epidural injections
and sexual dysfunction from injury to perineum and pelvic $25,760.00.
- File cabinet fell on head at work causing neurological injuries. Disputed
claim settled for $125,000.00.
- Lifting furniture at works injured lower back. Aggravation of prior back
- Tripped on stairs injured foot causing sprain and strain with a fracture
of small toe $8,464.00.
- Heavy object fell onto client causing cervical and lumbar disc bulges $16,560.00.
- Slip and Fall on wet floor causing shoulder injury with surgical repair
of the rotator cuff. $39,292.62.
- Crush injury to the foot $8,464.00.
- Injured lower back causing disc herniation at L4-5 and disc bulge at L3-4
- Struck by object in face causing fractures of nasal bone and septum with
- Teacher fell at school causing wrist fracture with surgery in a post-operative
- Teacher fell on beads injuring left knee needing surgery $15939.00.
- Robbed while carrying jewelry for work. Psychological injury 22 ½%
- Slip and fall on ice in parking lot at work causing fracture to the right
foot with surgery $14,566.67.
- Trapped between machines causing disc herniation at L5-S1 $27,027.00.
- Coat rack fell onto right shoulder causing impingement syndrome and fracture
of scapula $24,440.00.
- Motor vehicle accident while working causing sprain and strain of the lumbar
spine with fracture of the right L2 transverse process; fracture of C6
lamina; facial lacerations; right foot injury and the right ring finger
injury along with post-concussion disorder. 30% $41,784.00.
- Fall on wet floor while making delivery causing injury herniated disc at
L4-5 and L5-S1 with annular disc bulge at L4-5 with neurological injury.
22 ½ % $27,426.00.
- Fall from ladder at asbestos site causing fracture of the tibia and fibula
shaft in a post-operative state with plates and screws. 17 ½% 21,006.00.
- Bank teller hit by falling coin bag causing post-concussion syndrome and
scarification 22 ½% $28,251.00.
- Exiting cafeteria fell on wet floor, fractured left shoulder and had surgery $29,956.
- Lifting heavy box injured lower back. Disputed claim resolved $25,000.00.
- Struck by a hi-lo. Left knee medial meniscus tear and left total knee replacement.
- Injured left leg in a fall causing surgery for tear of the anterior cruciate
ligament and medial meniscus 35% $22,170.75.
- Injured shoulder while working on a roof causing impingement syndrome and
surgery. 22 ½ $29,523.00